Thursday, 11 October 2012
Hollyoaks Trailer
What have you learnt about camera angles and shot types?
I have learnt that the different camera angles and shot types are very important to help the audience recognize the type of storyline instantly in the trailer. The close ups and extreme close ups used help to portray the emotions and facial expressions of the characters which demonstrates the storline even more. Also if there is a high angle shot of characters this helps to represent the stars as powerful and a villian, where as low angle shots connote weakness and vulnerability. For example, Mercedes is looking down while Paul is positioned closer to her. This explains the Paul is the domiant one and that Mercedes is quite afraid of him.
How did your choice of music reinforce the narrative of the trailer?
The song I chose for my trailer was Cheryl Cole's 3 Words. I thought this song helped to portray Pauls obsession with Mercedes with the lyrics 'I love you' especially. The repetitive 3 chords used throughout the video helps to create tension and suspence for the audience. The heavy beats both balance and contrast with the light piano style motifs and acoustic guitar elements to demonstrate both the obessive and loving parts of Mercedes and Pauls relationship.
What have you learnt about editing to make it clear to the audience what is happening?
To edit my trailer it was important that all the clips were in chronological order so there is no confusion for the audience and the music was at the right volume to hear the dialogue as well. The transitions were simple to give the trailer a professional feel and not make it seem cheesy.
What will you do differently next time?
Next time I would probably choose different sets and mise en scenes for my clips as in some there was a lot of background noise and it is hard to hear the dialogue clearly in some clips. Moreover, I would make sure the charcters spoke their lines louder and clearer and kept eye contact with the camera when need be. Also, in the close ups to present the correct emotions in a more exaggerated way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment