Saturday, 8 December 2012

Evaluation Question 2


Here is a moodboard of the conventional narratives audiences like to see in Social Realism soaps:



List of what audiences like to see:
  • Fights
  • Affairs/cheating
  • Fall outs
  • Lies
  • Theft
  • Accidents
  • Marriages
  • Drug use
  • Illnesses
  • and mainly DRAMA.
Here is a colour coded mindmap of what i'm going to be talking about in relation to Evaluation Question 2:



Abbie and Harriet were chosen as the main image on the front cover as they were the main characters in one of the storylines in my trailer (the fostering storyline) and therefore appeared a lot in the trailer. This is conventional of soap magazines as the main characters in that episode are always the dominant image on the front covers, whether that the 'classy' or 'trashy' type of magazines. This is so the audience can instantly recognize them and associate the soap with the characters and the main storyline. Abbie and Harriet feature very serious and fierce facial expression and body language as this fitted the emotions of the narrative. Morover, their casual dark clothing is a brilliant representative of the genre of this soap as this is conventional to emphasize the reality of the soap. I have used casual clothing and make up throughout all my ancillary products and trailer.



I have used the same fonts throughout my ancillary products, for example, I have used the same stencil, rough font for 'NORTHERN QUARTER'  I created in Adobe Illustrator. I did this as it creates brand identity and helps the audience recognize the soap name with that particular font. This is conventional of all soaps as 'Skins' use the same image within text style font throughout their billboard adverts and trailers. Moreover, I have used the same simplistic fonts for my features on my magazine front cover and the details of when my soap is on TV in my billboard poster. This is so the attention is not distracted away from the 'NORTHERN QUARTER' and so that it doesn't appear too busy to the audience.

My characters and representations are consistent throughout my ancillaries and trailer as both Abbie and I are portryed as baddies and this is shown through the facial expressions and body language used in all my products. e.g moody and fierce facial expressions and stereotypical bullying in the trailer that Abbie does to Amy and Harriet.





I chose BBC One as my TV institution that my trailer was going to be on because this channel is home to many similar products, e.g. Eastenders. As this was my chosen brand institution I had to link all my media products together with the same logo throughout to create brand identity.












My TV magazine front cover follows the usual conventions of the 'classy' type of magazine 'TV & Satellite week.' For example, both my magazine and the orignal incorporate a strapline stating what the magazine specialises in 'BEST FOR SKY & VIRGIN.' Additionally, the masthead is in a clear simplistic font witha drop shadow effect that matches the 'TV & Satelliet week' conventions and stands out against the dark background and dominant image.

No comments:

Post a Comment