Sunday, 9 December 2012

Evaluation Question 3 Audience Feedback

Audience feedback is a very importantant part of creating a successful soap trailer and ancillary products. I needed to recieve feedback on my products produced in order to make improvemtns of my ancillaries and trailer. By using the blog, this enables people to comment on my posts and give feedback on what they like or don't like about my products and therefore I can make improvements prior to the feedback recieved.

Below I have placed the audience feedback alongside my ancilary products. This will help my show how i have acted on these feedbacks to create a more professional looking trailer which attracts the right target audience.


First Draft of my Billboard poster:


Audience feedback:
 
Harriet: "I like how the text is clear and i like the image you have chosen to use id probably put the date of when the show is on and what day of the week ect.."
 
Amy Jones: "This is a really good layout for a poster! The title font and main image of the characters really sets the genre for the Soap."
 
Alexander Ball: "This is a very good layout for a poster. The lighting gives it a very proffesional effect. I would just add the date of when the soap is on."
 
Laurence Lees: "I like the font you've used, it really relates to the soap's genre.
you do need a date and at time for the soap though.."
 
Rebecca Wilks: "This looks really professional! The text and colours really bring out the genre of the soap without giving much away. Adding a date and time would also be a good addition."
 
How I acted on my audience feedback:
 

I kept the title font, image and background colour the same as I felt this captures the genre for my soap through the facial expressions helping the audience to recognize the emotions portrayed and giving them an insight into the serious and dramatic atmosphere of the storylines "The title font and main image of the characters really sets the genre for the Soap." I decided to change the logo to BBC One as I thought the colours fitted in better and made the colours in the picture stand out more as my Billboard poster is very black and white. I added the date and time of when Northern Quarter was on BBC One due to this being a major theme in my audience feedback. I placed it in a simple black font so it stood out on the light grey background and catches the audiences eyes. "Adding a date and time would also be a good addition."

Final soap trailer feedback:

Laurence Lees: "The music you've chosen fits the soaps genre really well, i like the transitions they're in time with the music aswell, the title card is professional."
 
more comments on my final version of trailer "I like how the music fades in and out at the beginning and end of the trailer. The music you chose suits the genre of the soap well, the title card is good and helps the trailer look professional"
 
This is my second draft of my soap trailer:
 

Soap Trailer Second Draft Alex Cherry from Sheena on Vimeo.

In my second draft of my trailer it was hard to hear the dialogue in some clips over the lyrics in the backing track. I improved my soap trailer by editing the backing track in Garageband so it fitted the genre of my trailer more. Also, the repettive beats match the edits and transitions used in my trailer to give it a more professional look. I also, created a titile card which is conventional of BBC One title cards and changed the audio so that the dailogue was easier to hear over the cresendos and the diminuendos of the instrumental looped music.

Here is my final version of my soap trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment